Domenico and I will be hosting a Google Hangout today at 3 to teach our friends how to install Minecraft mods. Join us live over at https://plus.google.com/events/chtfiu44kus0qq1mobesbohp1p0.
What Is A Mod?
Most mods add content to the game to alter gameplay, change the creative feel, or give the player more options in how they interact with the Minecraft world. Most people who mod Minecraft (known as modders) use Minecraft Coder Pack and either ModLoader or Minecraft Forge to do so.
Types Of Mods
- Server Based
- Mod Packs
for more info on what all of this means go to http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods
Download Multi MC
Download these client-based mods
Create A New 1.7.10 Instance In Multi MC
- click new instance icon
- name it something useful or fun
- select minecraft version “1.7.10”
- click OK
- right-click on your new instance and select “edit instance”
- click the Install Forge button
- select the version of forge with a star and click OK
- add the folder mods…click loader mods, click view folder, move unzipped mob spawner and mo creatures folders there
- add the jar mod…click version, click add jar mod click “i understand”, browse to mr crayfish jar mod, click open or ok, click close.
- double-click your instance and have fun!